New Delhi: The #MeToo wave has hit Bollywood after it created a storm in the West. Several B-Town biggies have been accused of sexual harassment charges, leaving the fans in a state of shock and disgust. Writer-producer Vinta Nanda alleged in her Facebook post that Alok Nath not only harassed her but also raped her back in the 90s.
After she shared the incident through a social media post, it went viral with various other female colleagues of the senior actor accusing him of sexual harassment.
His wife was my best friend. We were in and out of each other’s homes, we belonged to the same group of friends, most…
Actor Alok Nath has filed a defamation case against writer-producer Vinta Nanda, who had accused him of rape earlier this week, reported ANI.
— ANI (@ANI) October 13, 2018
Other than Nanda, actors Deepika Amin and Sandhya Mridul have shared their accounts of being harassed by Nath. Renuka Shahne and Himani Shivpuri have said that Nath’s predatory behaviour on sets was a known fact in the industry.
“All the complaints are false and there is no merit in it. A person waits for 19 years and then comes out with the case and after that to support her case, other persons join her. This by itself indicates that something is being done purposely, only to malign his image and nothing beyond that.”said Alok Nath.
The #MeToo movement gained momentum in India after Tanushree Dutta accused Nana Patekar of harassment. Following the revelation, similar cases have come to the fore with the likes of filmmaker Vikas Bahl, Subhash Ghai, Subhash Kapoor and actor Rajat Kapoor.