Tanushree’s Dutta began the #MeToo movement in Bollywood after she spoke about being sexually harassed on the sets of Horn Ok Pleasss 10 years ago. Ever since then, a lot of women are exposing predators that are in positions of power or influence. Recently, Queen filmmaker Vikas Bahl was accused of sexually harassing a crew member back in 2015.
Super 30 star Hrithik Roshan has broken his silence on allegations of sexual harassment against the film’s director Vikas Bahl, saying it is “impossible” for him to work with any person “guilty of such grave misconduct”.
In a guarded statement, Roshan said he has been away and has “sporadic information” about the case but has asked the producers of the film to take stock of the situation.
“It is impossible for me to work with any person if he/she is guilty of such grave misconduct. I am away and have access to only sporadic information. I have requested the producers of ‘Super 30’ to take stock of the apparent facts and take a harsh stand if need be.
— Hrithik Roshan (@iHrithik) October 8, 2018
“This is not to be hushed or brushed under the carpet. All proven offenders must be punished and all exploited people must be empowered and given strength to speak up,” Roshan said in the statement shared on Twitter.