A 16-year-old Prabhas fan was electrocuted on Thursday when he came in contact with an electric wire while trying to erect the banner of his star at a theatre in Mahabubnagar, Telangana.
The 16-year-old identified as Venkatesh, a resident of Boyapalli Thanda in Mahabubnagar, was trying to fix the banner of Saaho — Prabhas’ film which is releasing on Friday — from the window pane of the theatre building. However, as an electric pole was too close to the building, Venkatesh accidentally came in contact with the electric wire. As soon as he came in contact with the high-tension wire, he got electrocuted, and fell down from the building.
Police said that Venkatesh was a daily-wage labourer. Immediately after the accident, his friends had taken Venkatesh to a nearby hospital. However, as his condition was critical, he was shifted to the state-run Gandhi Hospital in Secunderabad. His cousin Rajesh told TNM that Venkatesh was critical and the doctors may amputate his arm.
After the management of Tirumala theatre informed the police about the accident. A case was registered in this regard, according to Deccan Chronicle.
Saaho is one of the biggest films of actor Prabhas. The film was made on a whopping budget of Rs 350 crore, and it is releasing in around 10,000 screens in India alone. In the Telugu states of Telangana and Andhra Pradesh, the film will be released in more than 2,000 screens. Saaho was made in four languages — Telugu, Hindi, Malayalam and Tamil.
And as for any other big budget movie starring a superstar, fan clubs and fan associations have gone into a tizzy this time too. Though, there has been much debate against unsafe things that fans indulge in, during the release of a movie, they continue to do so. This is also not the first time that a fan has lost his life trying to put up a banner. Stories of fans dying while putting up banners and these giant banners in turn posing a danger to the public have been reported multiple times from Tamil Nadu, Telangana and Andhra Pradesh for instance.